Companies who use third-party logistics (or 3PL) providers can expedite fulfillment of their orders with the Sales Order Autowork CSV import. As this feature is designed for 3PL fulfillment, it will pack the order into a single carton and only apply default shipping and carrier settings. This import allows you to complete each fulfillment stage from pick to pickup with the click of a button.
- Sales orders must be in the Issued status.
- Once this action is performed it cannot be undone.
Tip: You can always try to import a test order to make sure this process will work for you.
Export Eligible Orders
Get a head-start by exporting a list of orders directly from LOCATE. If you already have one, skip down to the “Run Autowork Import” section below.
- Navigate to the Sales Orders module list view.
- Use the filters to find orders you would like to auto-complete.
- Click “Export”.
- Click the “Check All” checkbox to clear the checked values.
- Mark the check-box for “Number.”
- Click “Download CSV”.
- Open the CSV in the program of your choosing and add a new column for Site.
- Fill in the site from which each order should be fulfilled.
Now you have a CSV that’s ready to import into LOCATE.
Run Autowork Import
- In LOCATE, navigate to the Setup Menu and select “Imports”.
- Import Type: Select “Sales Order Autowork”.
- Click “Choose File”, and find your CSV document.
- Click “Save”.
- Verify that the field mappings are correct for the order number and site.
- When you’re ready to perform the auto-complete, click “Run Import”.
That’s it! To confirm that the orders were successfully processed, simply look over a few orders in the Sales Orders Module. The Operations sub-tab will display all associated records, such as pick, pack, ship, and pickup, and everything should be in a completed status.